LEGO's

Dear Beb, 

You might be wondering why I bought YOU a LEGO set this time, right? Well, let's start from the beginning...

Although I'm just another millennial just trying to please his inner child, playing with these toys had such a significant impact in life. It taught organization, patience in the process of building, and creativity. These three lessons still play important roles in my life. When you carefully and meticulously follow the instructions, you're left with the same creation that captivated you the moment you saw the picture on the box. I loved playing with these toys and could never get enough of it. As the man that I am today, I understand that those three lessons ultimately leave you with the results you've yearned for...It's all beautiful in the end. 

The LEGO set I give to you is a representation of the act of  "building" in our relationship. In our relationship, there technically aren't any instructions like the toys, but there's nothing wrong with putting things down, seeing where we went wrong, and fixing it (which I actually seem to do a lot when building these things). In the big picture of it all, I know I only want to continue building something great with you. And what's the best part that we can always look forward to? I think it's the creativity that we continue to implement in our interests and out relationships. I'll never stop trying to surprise you, and I know you won't either. I know we'll never stop being the creatives we are deep down, too.

The heart-shaped set can also double as a picture frame (yes, put a picture of us in it). My hope is that the photo of us within the LEGO frame serves as a daily reminder of the intentions of patiently building something amazing within the love we share...that's my big picture for now...nothing more, nothing less.

Happy Valentine's Day, I love you!


(Oh yeah...can you be my valentine this year? Is it too late to ask?)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calcifier